Chronology of LGBT historical events:
- 1910 - An engineering student, and son of a professor, was arrested at the YMCA for homosexual conduct in Denver and committed suicide.
- 1914 - Early German gay rights activist and sexologist, Magnus Hirschfeld wrote the following in his book "Homosexuality in Men and Women".
"A Uranian scholar from the state of Colorado writes: I know quite a number of homosexuals in Denver, personally or by hearsay. At this moment I can think of 5 musicians, 3 teachers, 3 art dealers, one minister, one judge, two actors, one florist, and one womens tailor. Parties are given by a young artist of exquisite taste and a noble turn of mind, and some of his homosexual friends appear at these in women's clothing. Prostitution is not common in Denver, male prostitution can sometimes be met in the Capital Gardens, but not a large number of them".
"six of the nine messeurs who work in the baths in Denver are known to be tolerant and are probably themselves homosexual."
- 1992 - Feb 13 - James Holman, age 36, stabbed to death
- 1992 - June 2 - David Stewart is stabbed to death
- 1992 - July 16 - Benjamin Zesch, age 61, stabbed to death
- 1992 - Sept 15 - Robert Ferrell, age 57, is stabbed to death
- 1992 - Dec 26 - Anthony Carr, age 33, stabbed to death
- 1993 - Jan 22 - Randy Gonzales, age 26, stabbed to death
- 1993 - Nov 2 - Steven R. Hayman, age 47, is bludgeoned to death
- 1994 - May 8 - Bruce Hutchinson is raped and bludgeoned to death
- 1999 - Jan 9 - Harold Jack Eisenhoth II, killed with a hammer in Eldorado
- 1999 - Sept 30 - Daniel O'Brien, age 36, is strangled in Denver
- 2000 - Oct 6 - Steve Ruck, age 31, is shot to death in Cedar Ridge
- 2001 - June 16 - Fred "F.C." Martinez Jr., age 16, is beaten to death in Cortez. His death makes national headlines and fronts a gay right compaign.
- 2002 - April 26 - Jocelyn Sandberg is killed in Colorado Springs.